Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blake's B-day!

Wow! It's been a MONTH since my last post! Where does the time go? Since summer has started, we've had house guests, so now that we've sent them on their way, (SADLY! :( I'll miss them, but we'll do more on that later) it's finally time to update my blog a bit.


So, Blake turned 7 on May 30th. Of course, the day started EARLY because he wanted to do presents right away, so he got up at the crack of dawn and we did presents. The popular gift this year was Bakugan stuff. (thanks to the two Grandmas for that! It's a good thing that they got them for him cause they're pricey little buggers!) And, if you don't know what Bakugan is, then you must not have boys!




Blake was really nice to let his brother and sister help him open his presents. He's nice that way...he just wanted to let everyone share in the fun! What kid does that?! : )





After we did presents and had puff pancakes, we met up with family and went bowling and then to lunch. I'm SO mad that I didn't get any pictures from bowling! I totally forgot to take my camera into the alley - apparently I'm not a die-hard blogger yet. But, all-in-all, it was a really fun day!


The next day was Sunday and we had a b-day celebration with all my family and did his "cake". Blake's very favorite cake is "Skor Cake", so I decided to do it in cupcake form so that it would be easier. Drew was in charge of taking the cake pictures and obviously isn't as skilled as I am at "capturing" things, cause he totally missed him blowing out the candles, but we've all seen a kid blowing out candles, so just picture it in your head, K?






Blake is such a light in our family. He is sensetive to others and is my tender-hearted one in the family. I hope that as he grows up he remembers to continue to love others and be kind to everyone. I consider myself extremely blessed to have Blake as a part of our family.
Happy Birthday, Blake! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Man who took that amazing picture at the very end? It must have been someone extremely talented. It's great. Gotta love the Blake man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe how fast everyone is growing...looks like he had a great day. Glad you finally got to updating your blog, it was getting really boring. and by the way....what what Blake doing at my crack?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blake almost got a cousin for his birthday, but she decided to come the next morning. The girls are way excited to see them this summer. I've noticed that our tastes in shoes and decore cross paths from time to time. We just know what looks good. Glad you guys are having a great summer. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete