Wednesday, April 22, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

So, I've committed to post a blog about once a week, give or take. So for this post, I decided to make a list of some of my favorite things, in no particular order. Now, let me make one thing clear. This is a list of things that you wouldn't necessarily already know about me. I'm not listing the obvious ones like my family, church, friends etc. because those are the duh ones! (of course, if you know me at all, some of these will be DUH ones, too! So, without further adieu........

* Musical Theather
I like musical theater in ANY form . Dinner theaters are one of my favorites, but I also love actually going to the Buell in Denver and seeing the big Broadway stuff like Phantom and Wicked (my favorite Broadway show). I'm even a sucker for movie musicals like The Sound of Music, Moulin Rouge, Newsies, and yes, even the HSM movies! : )

* Anything Cheese-Flavored
I LOVE cheese, in any variety. I love cheese sliced right off of the cheese block, cheese flavored chips, cheese crackers, pretzels dipped in cheese, cheese curds. If cheese is involved, I'm a fan!

*Spring
Spring means that Summer is right around the corner! : )

* Movies
I'm a big movie nut. If I've got an evening planned with my husband or friends, it usually involves going to the movie. I love getting swept away in a really good story and escaping the real world for 120 minutes of pure entertainment. I think that if I weren't Mormon and actually watched the rated R stuff, I would seriously consider becoming a movie critic. I mean, what better job is there then to sit and watch movies and get paid to tell people your opinions!? : ) Those are two things that I can do really well!!!

* Jigsaw Puzzles
I have a thing for puzzles! I love them and am a pretty fast puzzle-puter-togetherer. (I think that I just made that word up!) My puzzle of choice is a 550-piece puzzle. Any more than that and it is too much for me. I'm not a fan of the 1000-piece jobs. That's too much puzzle for one sitting and I like to sit down, put a puzzle together and then put it away. I don't do it for the finished product, I do it for the challenge of finding where everything goes.

* The smell of fresh-cut grass and the look of a freshly-mowed lawn

* The look of a wet, just washed-down deck and patio
Thank you, Dad for that obsession!

* Listening to a baby laugh

* My DVR on my tv!
I don't know how I ever lived without it!

* My computer
Ditto from DVR!

* Google and Snopes.com

* Watching Drew (and Dad and Josh) play Softball
LOVE that! It's so fun to go to the ball fields and watch them compete, even if they don't win every time. Just one question, though...why have Thursdays been the worst weather days of the week since the season started!? Chalk it up to Murphy's Law, I guess.

* Games in any form
Board, computer, video, cards - you name it, I like to play it.

* Banana Cream Pie and Rootbeer Floats

* Kohl's

* Mexican Food

* A "just cleaned" house (for the 10 minutes that it lasts!)

* Letting my hair down, being silly, and having a really good laugh

So, I'm sure that when I post this, I'll think of a thousand other things that I should have included, but here's what I could come up with for now. Do any of these things make your list?

6 comments:

  1. I have quite I few of those on my list. Except what is this grass you speak of? I do like when the desert plants bloom It's the most colorful time of the year. We'll have to do a puzzle cause I love them, just not the little fingers that get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! I agree with most of them. the games... not so much, but I love you anyway. I do agree with the crappy weather on Thursdays. the one day i take the bus to school and have to walk a bit... its FREEZING!!! Not tomorrow though..... 80 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love most of your list, softball, not so much, spent too many days doing that when Dung was in the picture, (if you know what I mean) Love movies, but Don, not so much. Wait, that dounded like I don't love Don so much. What I meant is, Don doesn't love movies. Chalynn on the other hand loves them, but I don't always love her choice of them. I prefer Chinese food. Grass, yum! Clean house, but now that I've got the boys here everyday I kinda forget what that really is. Can't wait to see Wicked, in your neck of the woods...yippee!! And I'm a 'Toys R Us' kinda' girl, doubt I'll ever really grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am an "All Things Cheese", Puzzle and Game fan! Also gotta agree on the banana creme pie and the root beer floats. Also the grass thing... hmm... I guess we have a lot in common.
    Are you reading my mind, here, or what? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you liked movies!? And cheese flavored things?! AND DVR?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree on the movies, games, baseball, banana cream pie with lots of whip cream and rootbeer floats. The smell of freshly cut grass and I don't know how I ever lived with out DVR and my life depends on computers!

    ReplyDelete