Friday, April 10, 2009

Double-Digits!

So, Kaylie recently turned 10. What!? How is it possible that I'm old enough to have a 10 year old? She's halfway to adulthood! She's officially in the double-digits. This was a pretty big milestone for us and a huge wake-up call for me. I have found myself wondering if I'm doing all that I can for my kids - am I teaching them everything that they will need to know to make it in this crazy world? Am I preparing them for the battles that they will face in life? If I haven't, is it too late!? I mean, holy cow, my baby is already 10!!!! Scary! But, I guess that all that I can do is start with today and go from there, right!?

Okay, enough of that talk and on to the fun stuff! : )

So, for Kaylie's b-day this year, we met Mom, Dad, Kelsey (Kelsey and Kaylie have the same b-day...they get to share their fun day with eachother!) Mallory, Josh and Cade and then Jaris and his family to go swimming. We had a great time at the funplex. Hence the name, "fun"plex, right!? I love going during family swim. You don't have to deal with all of the snot-nosed teenagers! Because the weather decided to dump snow on us that morning, we all parted ways after swimming so that everyone could get home safely. So, we came home and did cake and presents. It was a really fun day!





Here's Kayie's haul this year! She is really into hands-on things right now, so she got a Science Experiment kit, some t-shirts and decals to design her own shirts, a couple of canvas water-color pictures and a rock polisher! She also got some new earrings and pink gloves, a Hannah Montana scarf and a High School Musical hat.


This year, Kaylie wanted to help me make her cake. So, as you can see, it turned out really "nice"! : ) She did a good job, but we are not cake decorators! (sbviously!) But, she loved it, so that's all that matters, right!?

3 comments:

  1. Cant remember the last time we had snow on our birthdays! its crazy talk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't believe you have a 10 year old???? How did I get to be 45? Yikess! Don't worry you are doing a get job, they are ready for what..ever! love you : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. (no, this isn't Neener) I can't believe my older sister is 45, the mother of a thirty-something year-old and the grandmother of a 10 year-old.

    ReplyDelete