Friday, April 10, 2009

A bucket of paint, some willing helpers and one painted baby later!

So, if anyone keeps tabs on my sisters and their blogs, you'll see that we've been doing some remodeling to our homes recently.

About a month ago, I got a wild hair to re-do some rooms in my house. The whole thing actually started because I wanted to re-do my living room and kitchen. But, because it was going to be alot easier to re-do my bedroom, that's where we started! So, Mom, Kelsey, Mal and I made a deal. We would get together once a week at someone else's house and help them paint and re-do whichever room they wanted to do. I was the lucky one that got to go first. So, they came up and we painted my room and bathroom. It's actually been getting done in stages, so that's why it took me so long to post this. But, I'm sooo happy with the way it turned out!

So, check out my new room! It was so fun to do. I wanted a calm color in my room this time around. I loved my red from before, but it was time for a change. I was able to take a lot of the elements that I already had and just give them a makeover! The shelves above the bed just needed a coat of brown paint and then I painted the candle holders blue and bought some white candles. The ties around the candles are done with the same fabric that I used for the canvas wall hangings that are on each side of the window. The vinyl on the blue stripe are dandelions and little "whispys" that I actually created on my vinyls software.


Mallory and I did these canvas wall hangings with some fabric, ribbon and buttons. I love them! They add a really nice touch.

No pictures in these frames yet, but at least you get the idea!

Here is another item from my room that just needed a makeover. Originally, it was red with some french script on it. So, I stripped it down and just painted it brown with a white wash and then put corner vinyl scrolls on it.


This clock was originally red with french style script as well. I painted the face the same blue as my wall stripe with a brown wash and a washed brown edge and then did the numbers in a brown vinyl. To tie it into the room, I did a big dandelion in white down the center and a few "whispys" at the top.



This is the shelf above my computer. I decided to put the same corner scrolls on this frame that are on the brown mirror so that they could help tie eachother in to the room. I'm still working on getting pictures into the frames...


So, this is what happens when you aren’t watching out for the wandering kid in the room! : ) I don’t know why we didn’t think that Cade would try to taste the paint! We were laughing about him having it all over his hand and before we got it cleaned up from his hand, he stuck his hand in his mouth! Duh!

Here's the new bathroom. Picutres just don't do it justice, but you get the idea! I wanted to carry in the same colors from the bedroom but with a different twist. I put polka dots around the whole bathroom and I LOVE it!





This rug was actually the whole inspiration for the polka dots!


4 comments:

  1. Your room looks really cute- without being "girly". I've seen some rooms where I think, "Man- I bet your husbands really uncomfortable in here..." :) I love it!
    Also- I might have to steal your idea and paint my candle holders, too! ( I love the blue!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do good work, huh? Maybe we should hire out??? JK...TJK! then it wouldn't be fun anymore, (and we do have fun.) My halls upstairs are calling.... ly : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, It's stunning...simply stunning! We should start our own painting business. Everyone that has been over to my house agrees...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! You girls are rock stars!

    ReplyDelete